Wednesday, November 29, 2017

His Love Is A Gift Christmas Card

I love the combination of gray, red, and white for Christmas.  It is a little variance from the typical green and red.
I have had this stamp set for a while, and had been stumped as to what I would do with it.  So I took a different approach.  Instead of planning the card out in my head first, I decided to choose a color scheme, thinking that might prompt some ideas.  With the red and gray, I immediately thought of white embossing, so went ahead and embossed the largest star onto a piece of the dark gray card stock.  Then I embossed the other two onto a lighter gray panel, slightly smaller than an A2 card.  So far, I liked it.

I chose the verse, and then it hit me.  I would make the card look like a wrapped package with ribbon wrapped around it!  Hence, the red ribbon.  I sponged the edges with distress ink, and mounted it onto a red A2 card.  A little craft foam to elevate the largest star, and some punched silver foil stars finish off the card.  

The stamps are a cling set from Our Daily Bread Designs, His Birth G600 , and the die is Sparkling Stars CSBD79, also from ODBD.

I am adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Star light, star bright

Make My Monday Challenge - Happy holidays

Splitcoaster Stampers - Inspiration challenge

I'm just getting over a severe sinus infection, so just starting to get back into my studio to play.  I've missed it.  

Tomorrow morning is my first post as a new design team member of Technique Junkies.  I would love for you to hop on over to check out the TJ blog.  Lots of fun stuff going on there.  Please leave me a comment there if you stop so I know you were there. 

AND...if you like some of the Technique Junkies stamps, you can use my code on my blog post to get 10% off your order!

So....off to bed I go now.  Gotta get my rest, so I can get better.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings and joy,

lynda
 


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Lynda, and a GREAT design idea! It goes PERFECT with the verse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh! What a totally unique color palette! You're right: it is a wonderfully refreshing break from green and red, yet it still is full of holiday cheer! I really like the layout and the sentiment is perfect, too. Really beautiful work here and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Thanks for sharing it with us at MMM challenge Janet DT

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and appreciated!